Monday, March 22, 2021

What Even Is Color Grading

     Recently I've looked at many, many, many, many YouTube videos on the coloring process. 

    I feel like I have the color correction part of things down, but the grading? I'm still sorta winging it. At this point I have a much better understanding of things like color curves, histograms, and how the tools at my disposal work, but it's still tough to know exactly how to manipulate them to get the results I want.

    Below are a few screenshots from when I was messing around with different settings on the first clip. They don't look all that different but I was trying out different methods and tools to get to the same vibe.






    Through this process I also learned about an effect I can use called "glow." I knew that would definitely come in handy for my cityscapes later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elle Qui Pleure - A Retrospective on Self Love

       Hi aice, if you're reading this, I decided to keep my blog around to talk about my future endeavors. Feel free to read or not rea...