Sunday, March 21, 2021

Shot Two?

     You may have noticed that shot two of my storyboard is blank. It's not exactly meant to be that way. What I wanted to do there was a slow zooming shot of the city in a bad state, I just wasn't sure how I'd do it or if it would make it into the final film.

    I could have found a location in real life to shoot, but I didn't know of any that would look dystopic enough,

    I could have made it in miniature like I had seen many other low budget cyberpunk films do throughout my research, but that would tale a lot of time out of my project timeline for a two second clip.

    Funnily enough, another solution came to me while I was at a virtual computer science fair this weekend. A friend who was also attending the event had told me that she was currently in a workshop about 3d modeling software, and I was bored in my own workshop, so I left to join her and thought:

"YOOOOOO. i could make a city with this"

    It was then that I opened my eyes to blender, which I had kind of heard of before, but I knew nothing of it other than the fact that it was something the real deal film kids used and it was probably a painful amount of work to operate. It turns out neither of those assumptions were wrong, BUT this YouTube video lays out a pretty quick and painless way for me to create a simple cityscape I can use for shot two, and I can probably add a bit more detail in parts and make multiple shots out of it (which might be nice in case I want to add a cutaway during any iffy moments in my dad's Grammy deserving performance).



    All I need to hope is that my computer can handle the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elle Qui Pleure - A Retrospective on Self Love

       Hi aice, if you're reading this, I decided to keep my blog around to talk about my future endeavors. Feel free to read or not rea...