Thursday, April 7, 2022

Timing, Timing, Timing

 


    Back in the beginning of this project, our teacher showed us this example music video project from a past year. One of the things she made sure to mention was that audio-syncing for music videos would be a real pain to do accurately. Luckily, I thought to myself, my video includes mostly scenes without the band members singing along, which would save me some struggle.

    This did not save me some struggle.

    While I did have to sync the band members singing for a few scenes, this proved not to be too difficult since we recorded with a speaker playing the song and they kept pretty consistently with time. All I had to do was match up the very first part of the clip and let it go from there. 

     What really brought some struggle, though, was the overall pacing of the piece. I needed to fit certain scenes into a designated portion of the song, and also wanted to do my best to have any important movement fall properly on a beat. I also sifted through a lot of footage of different takes and angles for every shot to try and include the best combination of shots that would be consistent between each other and provide some visual intrigue, making sure that switches in angle would occur on reasonable beats and content in frame would align with the cut.

     This meant a good amount of slowing down, speeding up, (both of which irked me for fear of messing with the frame rate, by the way, but that's a conflict for a later post) and shifting around multiple layers sometimes by a single frame. But hey, what can I say

     It be like that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elle Qui Pleure - A Retrospective on Self Love

       Hi aice, if you're reading this, I decided to keep my blog around to talk about my future endeavors. Feel free to read or not rea...