Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Filming "Under Construction"

  Here's another project I haven't mentioned:


       Today after school, I filmed with my friend Sabrina for her short, "Under Construction." 

    Filming ran a bit later than I expected, so I fell totally asleep as soon as I got home without making some progress on my own social media content first, but that's okay. At this point, I expect it to always happen and plan accordingly.

    Although at times it's stressful to think that I've involved myself in so many projects when I really didn't have to, I know mine and my friends projects will all turn out great in the end. Honestly, I like to appreciate any opportunity I get to soak up as much experience in different fields as I can, and working on other people's projects still lets me learn new things about the production process.

    For example, when filming with Sabrina today, we used a boom mic to record the necessary audio. I've never done that before. I also like to work with others to see what their thought process is like when producing a scene, because everyone has their own methods that are effective for them, or thinks to incorporate/consider certain things that I wouldn't have thought of. My friend Isa Chiappini, for instance, would always think about getting certain alternate or extra shots while on set whereas my mind would be very by-the-book.. or I guess by-the-checklist. 

    Truthfully, I'm not very stressed about working on other projects. It's been grounding to know that once this deadline passes, there will be an arsenal of creative projects that I will be really proud of.  

    As for the other projects I still haven't mentioned, maybe I'll talk about them some more in later posts. Or maybe you'll happen to be grading them and think "oh hey that's that girl."

    That'd be pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elle Qui Pleure - A Retrospective on Self Love

       Hi aice, if you're reading this, I decided to keep my blog around to talk about my future endeavors. Feel free to read or not rea...