Saturday, February 13, 2021

The Final Project

     So far, I've used this blog to talk about several research and production projects I've done in this class, as well as how they'll help me in the future. 

    Well, "the future" is now. From here on out I'll be blogging about my process in creating my final portfolio piece of the course, a two minute film opening. As of now, I've got a few things currently inspiring me that I might want to incorporate.

    Firstly, the cyberpunk genre. I wrote a blog post researching this genre and although I never thought I would produce any content under it, I ended up liking it a lot more than I had before. This tiktok series played a big role in changing my mind. I absolutely loved the look and concept, and the same account has a tutorial posted on how they were able to make it happen, and it seems pretty doable to incorporate a piece of this in part of my opening if I'm responsible. A screenshot of the tiktok is below.


    Thing number two: the song Me and Your Mama by Childish Gambino. This thing has been on repeat on my mind for the longest time and all I can think is how cool it would be to use it in a film. Even if I didn't end up using the actual song, the emotion and the vibe of the music is something I'd want to capture whole-heartedly. Something soulful, passionate.



    Now, don't look at me funny, but things number three through five are sort of on a totally different wavelength. I might mess around and find a way to combine the two vibes, but as it currently stands, the two worlds will need two different postings if I am to do them each justice in my research before I can go about choosing one or getting creative with them both.


    Until tomorrow, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elle Qui Pleure - A Retrospective on Self Love

       Hi aice, if you're reading this, I decided to keep my blog around to talk about my future endeavors. Feel free to read or not rea...