Thursday, March 11, 2021

Second day of filming

     


    On the second day of filming, I got shot 1 of my dad as well as a few angles on the flashback shot. I think the most important part of this experience was the set-up I used for my dad's monologue, since I've never put much thought into my equipment while filming something other than my phone and its built-in mic until recently.


    I once again made-do with what I had as best as I could, so it went like this:

  • Dad was sitting in his chair at the head of the table
  • I dimmed the overhead light from the chandelier for a better vibe
  • I used my school computer on full brightness with a YouTube video of a bright blue screen playing as lighting from below
  • In my Dad's lap, out of frame, he held my old USB microphone
  • That microphone was connected to my personal computer, which sat on another chair out of frame to record his audio.
    • Sidenote: I learned how to record voice-over straight into my editing software for this and saved it as a separate file to edit and add into the project file later on. I did this because I didn't have any designated audio software, but maybe I'll look into some later if I need more editing features


  • I was in front of the computer, leaning over the table with my phone in hand to capture video from the angle I needed.
    It was cool to do something all on my own with a more "professional" set up, just with what I had. I hope to get more legitimate equipment some day in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elle Qui Pleure - A Retrospective on Self Love

       Hi aice, if you're reading this, I decided to keep my blog around to talk about my future endeavors. Feel free to read or not rea...