Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Introducing my Portfolio Project!

     With all that said, from here on out, I'll be blogging about my A level portfolio project. 

    The first step was of course to choose which type of project I would do, which luckily came easily to me. I had so much fun with my music video project last year, and even incorporated music heavily into my portfolio piece, so it seemed only natural to choose the music video project as my final.

    My project from last year involved a leap of faith that ended up being an extremely encouraging opportunity for growth, so I wanted to take a similar leap with this project by asking to work with an established band from my nearest major city. However, I recognized that this outcome could jeopardize my entire project and leave me with less time than before if it happened to fall through, so I began researching my local music scene and planning to ask potential partners well before our class-determined planning time would start.

    I was already familiar with a few venues in my area that hosted shows from local bands. and followed a few local artists on Instagram. From there, discovering new artists within the scene became relatively easy. Namely, one way I became familiar with local bands and performers was through a Spotify playlist that was actually meant to showcase them.



    It was through this playlist that I found lots of artists I came to enjoy, but now came the nerve-wracking part. After developing a list of my favorites, I did some quick research into each band to learn about their overall sound/vibe, audience, previous songs/videos if they had any, and upcoming tour dates that might conflict with my project timeline. In the end, I decided to contact Playkill.



    I used the contact box on their website to send a brief message about me and my proposal aaaaand


 it worked! 

    Boy, do I love leaps of faith



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elle Qui Pleure - A Retrospective on Self Love

       Hi aice, if you're reading this, I decided to keep my blog around to talk about my future endeavors. Feel free to read or not rea...